5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    New to Win7 (and never used Vista); I'm getting "do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer" for some program and not for others. I trust the programs and want to indicate it's OK to run without that message all the time... How can I do that (NOT for entire Win7 but just for selected apps). I searched the Internet a bit and dit a search here too but couldn't find anything opr anything that would help me...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikJan View Post
    New to Win7 (and never used Vista); I'm getting "do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer" for some program and not for others. I trust the programs and want to indicate it's OK to run without that message all the time... How can I do that (NOT for entire Win7 but just for selected apps). I searched the Internet a bit and dit a search here too but couldn't find anything opr anything that would help me...

Erik Hi and welcome

The program is calles UAC (user account control) is has a sensitivy slider but you cannot just exempt an aap. You can however turn it off.

Ken
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional-- Windows Expert Consumer 2009---2015
    MCC 2013-2015

Wanikiyi & Dyami--Team ZigZag3143

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    Welcome to the world of UAC. That is pretty typical for a new installation. Most people find that dialog slows down considerably after a fairly short period of time. There is no way to say I trust a specific program or process and it is OK to proceed.

Joe
    Joe

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    As the others say...

But if this is happening when you launch apps from a shortcut, right-click on the shortcut, select Properties and choose Run as Administrator.

You can change the UAC settings, but I would not recommend lowering UAC unless you have a slow system and the blanking takes too long.