Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    St Louis, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    23,583
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    Latest release of the free, popular graphics utility may be downloaded frm Paint.NET Download.

    What's new from: Paint.NET

    "Changes and fixes since v3.5.3:
    • Improved performance of the Image->Flatten command by making it multithreaded.
    • Fixed the File->Save As dialog not opening to the correct folder.
    • Fixed a crash with certain plugins and their use of the File Open dialog.
    • Fixed a very rare crash with the toolbar’s font list. "
    NOTE: Plugins to enhance Paint.NET may be downloaded from Paint.NET • View forum - Plugins - Publishing Only.

    Joe

    Joe

  2. #2
    3 Star Lounger HeyJude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    332
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Latest release of the free, popular graphics utility may be downloaded frm Paint.NET Download.

    Joe
    Is it a clean install or will installing update existing Paint application? I just started using Paint after my 5 yr old granddaughter showed me how she draws with it.
    Take a sad song and make it better

  3. #3
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    St Louis, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    23,583
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey Jude View Post
    Is it a clean install or will installing update existing Paint application? I just started using Paint after my 5 yr old granddaughter showed me how she draws with it.
    Paint, supplied by Microsoft with the OS, is a completely different application than Paint.NET. Paint.NET (PDN) is much more capable than Paint. PDN was started as a college project at Washington State University mentored by Microsoft. Now, it is written by a Microsoft employee in his spare time. It is NOT supported by Microsoft although it is well known by Microsoft. It is a really good, free alternative to high priced graphics applications such as Photoshop for most people.

    Joe
    Joe

  4. #4
    3 Star Lounger HeyJude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    332
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Paint, supplied by Microsoft with the OS, is a completely different application than Paint.NET. Paint.NET (PDN) is much more capable than Paint. PDN was started as a college project at Washington State University mentored by Microsoft. Now, it is written by a Microsoft employee in his spare time. It is NOT supported by Microsoft although it is well known by Microsoft. It is a really good, free alternative to high priced graphics applications such as Photoshop for most people.

    Joe
    Thank you for the clarification. I will try it out and post back at some point.

    Hey Jude
    Take a sad song and make it better

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •