Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    Latest release of the free, popular graphics utility may be downloaded frm Paint.NET Download.

What's new from: Paint.NET

"Changes and fixes since v3.5.3:
    • Improved performance of the Image->Flatten command by making it multithreaded.
    • Fixed the File->Save As dialog not opening to the correct folder.
    • Fixed a crash with certain plugins and their use of the File Open dialog.
    • Fixed a very rare crash with the toolbar’s font list. "
    NOTE: Plugins to enhance Paint.NET may be downloaded from Paint.NET • View forum - Plugins - Publishing Only.

Joe

Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Latest release of the free, popular graphics utility may be downloaded frm Paint.NET Download.

Joe
    Is it a clean install or will installing update existing Paint application? I just started using Paint after my 5 yr old granddaughter showed me how she draws with it.
    Take a sad song and make it better

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey Jude View Post
    Is it a clean install or will installing update existing Paint application? I just started using Paint after my 5 yr old granddaughter showed me how she draws with it.
    Paint, supplied by Microsoft with the OS, is a completely different application than Paint.NET. Paint.NET (PDN) is much more capable than Paint. PDN was started as a college project at Washington State University mentored by Microsoft. Now, it is written by a Microsoft employee in his spare time. It is NOT supported by Microsoft although it is well known by Microsoft. It is a really good, free alternative to high priced graphics applications such as Photoshop for most people.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Paint, supplied by Microsoft with the OS, is a completely different application than Paint.NET. Paint.NET (PDN) is much more capable than Paint. PDN was started as a college project at Washington State University mentored by Microsoft. Now, it is written by a Microsoft employee in his spare time. It is NOT supported by Microsoft although it is well known by Microsoft. It is a really good, free alternative to high priced graphics applications such as Photoshop for most people.

Joe
    Thank you for the clarification. I will try it out and post back at some point.

Hey Jude
    Take a sad song and make it better