4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I received a complaint from one of our clients that she is unable to reply to our messages. They are using Outlook and their email is through @qwestoffice.net. They click reply, compose their response, but when they click the Send button it does nothing. No error message. Just nothing. To get around this they have been cutting and pasting their response into the body of a new email and then they are able to send it. Just not using reply for some reason.

Our user has Outlook 2000 setup in a corporate environment that hosts our own email on an Exchange 2003 server. I don't know what version of Outlook the client uses.

They say it's only happening with email they receive from us and no one else so they're blaming our mail system. I know that wouldn't be possible because we have no control over their computers. I'd like to send them a solution to their problem to smooth this over. Has anyone ever seen this happen before and know the answer?
    Daisy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    Is it only from a specifice user at your site?

What format is the message (i.e. plain text, HTML)?

Is there anything set on the contact to force a format?

Any attachments involved?

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    They click reply, compose their response, but when they click the Send button it does nothing. No error message. Just nothing.
    I think this has come up before, but I can't recall the diagnosis or solution.

I encounter a similar problem randomly when composing messages generated using MAPI (i.e., Send command from PDF software). The message will not send. However, I can save and close it, and the saved draft appears not in the Drafts folder but at the top of the Inbox. From there I can open and send it without further problems. (It would be interesting to learn whether there is an identifiable cause for this, but I digress.)

I don't know whether that workaround will work for your correspondents?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This is still a problem. It hasn't gone away and I've been unable to find answer on my own. Please, please, please can someone offer advice or solution?

The other office has been able to send emails to a variety of people in our firm. This problem shows up intermittently and it has happened for a variety of different users so it rules out just one mailbox being the issue.

The problem being when they press Send nothing happens. Nothing at all. The only way they have been able to get around it is to make a copy of the email body, open a new email, paste body, and type the addresses manually.

We are the only ones they have this problem with. They manage their email through Qwest office online website. They don't have a program installed on their computer. This happens no matter what computer they are sitting at. It's consistent in its randomness.

Help?
    Daisy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    They manage their email through Qwest office online website. They don't have a program installed on their computer.
    So this is not an Outlook problem on their end, it's a webmail problem that arises with some messages sent from Outlook on your end. Hmmm... is there any pattern with plain text or HTML format messages? (I assume you do not send this client RTF format messages, but if you do, try one of the others.)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Some users do use the RTF format for the emails we send. (Outlook at editor (not Word).) And some use HTML format. I sent two tests in HTML & Text formats. Waiting now for the other side to respond.
    Daisy