Thread: Paste special

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sometimes, when I try copying text into an Outlook email, I go to Edit | Paste Special in order to paste only the text, but "Paste special" is grayed out. So I simply paste using ctrl + V, but the pasted text is displayed with a font smaller than that of the rest of the email. So then I highlight the problematic text and, holding down ctrl, press teh space bar to get rid of the special formatting. That doesn't work. I then try to select the problematic text and change the font size on the formatting toolbar. That doesn't work either.

I have messages that I compose set to HTML format. I think my reply and forward messages are also in HTML format.

Why can't I format the messages correctly? Is it bc I don't have MS Word set as my default editor?

Regards,

JMT

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt356 View Post
    Sometimes, when I try copying text into an Outlook email, I go to Edit | Paste Special in order to paste only the text, but "Paste special" is grayed out.
    This might be a result of the source application not placing alternative formats on the clipboard. To strip formatting, I usually use Notepad as an intermediary, and a quick Ctrl+V, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+X.