New Lounger
    Thanks
    My site is hosted on my windows 2003 server. The php.ini has open_basedir commented out and php info tells me the Loaded Configuration File is C:\php\php.ini so I am definetely looking at the right ini file. It also has this entry:
    open_basedir c:\inetpub\wwwroot\isa-aust\frankstonkerbing\frankstonkerbing.com.au

On another drupal site I host on the same server the php info lists an open_basedir specific to their website if run from their location

Where could that be coming from, it's not the php.ini and I have not enabled a per site configuration.

This is explaning why I have open_basedir errors when using fckeditor and when trying to upload photos because the php/temp folder is not in the allowed path.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    If applicable to your web server, check http.conf. If you are running PHP 5.3.x, there are a bunch of other files to check (open_basedir can be set in a lot of additional places with PHP_INI_ALL rather than just PHP_INI_SYSTEM).

References:
    PHP: Description of core php.ini directives - Manual
    PHP: Where a configuration setting may be set - Manual

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for that. I found it in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PHP\Per Directory Values. There is so little information about this. Would you have any idea how to separate multiple locations in the one key. I want to add c:\php\temp to the existing open_basedir location but not sure if I should use a comma or semi colon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Renouf View Post
    Would you have any idea how to separate multiple locations in the one key. I want to add c:\php\temp to the existing open_basedir location but not sure if I should use a comma or semi colon
    There's a user comment on the php.net site that says separate them with semicolons and place the entire string in double-quotation marks ("path1;path2"). I don't know whether the double-quotes are required for a registry entry; that probably is implicit.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I separated with a semicolon and without the quotation marks and it's working. No more open_basedir errors.
    Thanks for the replies