2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I just loved the way that meeting reminders used to pop in my face on the old XP without having the programme running at all times. I have almost missed some appointments because it just shows in a different colour on the task bar but will pop up if only the desk top is on screen.

Anyone have any idea how to make the reminder pop up to the front of any windows already open.?
    Appreciate your suggestions
    Joan

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Since noone else has chimed in, here's my take. You don't indicate the version of Works that you are using, but the latest version is 9, which was released in 2007 as I understand. The chances of it being compatible with Win7 are thus pretty slim. In addition, Microsoft are supposedly replacing it with something called the Office Started Edition this year. Sorry to not be more encouraging....
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanx Wendell. 'Twould seem you are correct. I'll have to talk to my custom pc builder 'bout this. I do have Works 9.
    Think I have really learned a huge lesson here. NEVER use a new OS in a new pc. Wait a couple of years for the periferals & other software to catch up.

Anyone know of a calendar out there with an IN THE FACE reminder that will work on Win 7?
    Thanx

Thanks
    Hi bbcirly,

You could give the keys Win - tab a try. Set your Works 9 calendar to chime a sound when it pops up to get your attention, and hold down the Windows key and tap Tab to see all windows in the Aero Flip 3D. Continuing to tap the Tab key will bring the calendar to the front for you to view.

I don't know if you use Mozilla Thunderbird for your email client, or if you are interested in using Thunderbird. However, I use Thunderbird and there is an add-on calendar program called Lightning 1.0b1 and if you leave Thunderbird minimized to your task bar, it will sound an alarm and bring up a reminder box to get your attention. You can set it to alarm at varying times before the actual event according to your needs.

There are bound to be some stand alone calendar apps that are compatible to Windows 7 and will fill your need if you do not want to use Thunderbird. I bring it to your attention as just one possibility.

Have you considered Windows Live Calendar? You can check it out here , and see if it is a fit for you.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanx Gerald. Does thunderbird "Get in your Face" . Don't have speakers on this pc.
    Joan (bbcirly)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcirly View Post
    Thanx Gerald. Does thunderbird "Get in your Face" . Don't have speakers on this pc.
    Joan (bbcirly)
    Unfortunately, when I use it for notifications, it is hidden behind any open windows, so without any sound to hear it would be easy to miss unless you set the notification time with plenty of wiggle room.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Shepard View Post
    Unfortunately, when I use it for notifications, it is hidden behind any open windows, so without any sound to hear it would be easy to miss unless you set the notification time with plenty of wiggle room.
    Thanx for getting back to me on this. It's helpful.
    Joan