New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Group..
    Posted this question on a couple of other sites but no luck on responses. Here goes ...
    I have MS Outlook 2007 that I use as my default email program. I set up things to do on almost a daily basis in the "TO DO BAR" to remind me when I open up Outlook to check my email. When I do open up the email program in the morning, there is an approximate 25 or so seconds delay between when I open up the program and when the pop-up notification window opens up to remind me "Dr appt @3pm" or "get milk", or "thanks for sticking around to see what you have to do today".
    Question : Can I set the time to see the pop-up window appear sooner than 25 seconds? Is there a registry hack to set the time it pops up to say, 5 seconds? I would like this only because if I check my email and there is nothing in the "IN" box then I usually close the program, miss the reminder window, and go to see what's up in the world on Yahoo!

Thank!

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Why not leave your email open all the time, particularly as it's also your reminder/to do?

cheers, Paul

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The delay you are seeing is largely a function of the size of your PST - the bigger it is, the longer it takes when it opens before reminders (and email send and receive) start. If you are not using Archiving, you might want to investigate that. But Paul's suggestion of leaving it open makes the issue more manageable.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Paul & Wendell for the reply !
    I do archive just about every 3 weeks trying to keep things tidy and eliminate what I don't feel I need. I have the Archive files set to delete messages and other things older than 6 months. I'll give the "...keep it open" idea a try and learn some patience. Just curious if there was a registry setting for the display notification time.
    Regards,
    DaveW