4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I am using Word 2007. Can I put/copy a JPG image file into Word 2007? If so, how?

Thank you.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes. Simply select the jpeg, copy it (Ctrl+C), place the cursor where you want the jpeg in Word and Paste (Ctrl+V).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moon1130 View Post
    Can I put/copy a JPG image file into Word 2007? If so, how?
    If the image is stored in a file on your hard drive, you can use the Insert > Picture command on the ribbon, as an alternative to the pasting method. (In some cases, pasting may insert an OLE object that bloats the file. To check for this, select the picture after you paste it and press Shift+F9. If the picture turns into an {EMBED} field, it's an OLE object. To convert it to a plain picture, with the field code selected, press Ctrl+Shift+F9.)

In earlier versions of Word, you actually could use Insert > Picture with a URL and Word would retrieve an image from the web. That was a bit faster than saving to disk first. Not sure whether that works in Word 2007.

Note that Word will resize large images to fit the current margins, which may create a blurry image on screen. Use Print Preview or better yet a printout to judge whether this resizing will give you acceptable results. If Word's resizing is not to your liking, use an image editing program to create an image that will better fit the desired margins before inserting it.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you very much Terry and jscher2000.