2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't know if this is the proper place for my question, but here it is. I operate Windows 7 Home Premium. I've downloaded many personal favorites from personal audio tapes to my music library. There are instances where a mistake has been made in spelling a title or artist. When I go to correct the item a menu appears showing correct and incorrect items that are stored in some unknown place. Is there any way to delete the incorrect entries? Thanks!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    You can right click on almost an entry in WMP and then delete it or edit it.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smokyken View Post
    I don't know if this is the proper place for my question, but here it is. I operate Windows 7 Home Premium. I've downloaded many personal favorites from personal audio tapes to my music library. There are instances where a mistake has been made in spelling a title or artist. When I go to correct the item a menu appears showing correct and incorrect items that are stored in some unknown place. Is there any way to delete the incorrect entries? Thanks!
    Hi and welcome

The information you sek to edit is called metadata. there are many good editors for free. Just gooogle metadata editors.

Good luck

Ken
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional-- Windows Expert Consumer 2009---2015
    MCC 2013-2015

Wanikiyi & Dyami--Team ZigZag3143

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe,
    I should have explained farther. When I go to the item I right click to get to properties. I go to the details tab to correct the item. When I start typing the correction, a drop down menu appears with a list of correct and incorrect items and a check box in front of them. It's this list that I would like to correct.

Ken