2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Search in Outlook used to work just as expected. Now it always comes up with "No matches found for "<whatever>"." <whatever> I search for or wherever I search. The Mails are still there and all other functionality seems normal! Any solutions?

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600

Application name Outlook
    Version 12.0
    Build 6514
    Product ID 81605-958-5075173-65009
    Language English (United States)
    Application Path C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\
    System Language English (Canada)
    Mail Support Not Available
    Current folder All Mail Items
    Current item Not Available

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by petermat View Post
    Search in Outlook used to work just as expected. Now it always comes up with "No matches found for "<whatever>"." <whatever> I search for or wherever I search.
    Are you using the regular Find or the Advanced Find? In Outlook 2003 (sorry, don't have 2007 handy), there is a drop-down on the bar for the regular find that has options that could affect your results. For example, if you uncheck the option to search all the text, Find will only check in the subject. Anything amiss there?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have tried "Instant Search" and the 'advanced' version. The options works a bit differently in 2007 but I have scanned all the options there and in "Tools / Options" without anything making any difference. I have tried searching for words I can see in a subject line or in the body - always the same result - though it does take time so it is perhaps it is searching, just not finding - or not reporting finds.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Apparently others have experienced the same behavior - take a look at the thread Outlook 2007 search problem in the Microsoft Windows Developer Center. A second one is Cannot search Outlook 2007 emails. It appears that in each case turning of the check boxes for folders in options resolved the issue, though it's not clear why. Also, you don't indicate whether the lastest service pack (SP2) is installed - if it is not, I would be sure to install it.
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for info - I had searched this forum, without results -it did not occur to me to search all forums. Lesson learned. Anyway I can now search Outlook, so thanks to all who contributed.