New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I am using Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager.
    Everything is set to send HTML format email.
    However, some of my clients (not using Outlook) say that they are unable to open PDF documents which I send them.
    Through experimentation I have found that if I create an email in Outlook there are not any problems.

However if I create an email by opening the contact in BCM and then adding a New History Item -> Mail Message the recipient gets winmail.dat.
    This is even when the mail says that it is HTML.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?
    Obviously I now know a workaround but it is still pretty annoying.

Nick

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Kotarski View Post
    However if I create an email by opening the contact in BCM and then adding a New History Item -> Mail Message the recipient gets winmail.dat.
    This is even when the mail says that it is HTML.
    Winmail.dat is the signature of Outlook's RTF format. If you open the message from your Sent Items folder and double-click the addressee, does the format drop-down say to use RTF for the individuals getting a winmail.dat file?

In the old days, the address book could store a preference to send a message in RTF format or in plain text format, regardless of the format in which you composed the message. The properties of an addressee on the message now have a drop-down indicating the format for that addressee. I haven't poked around to see whether the individual preference still is stored somewhere, but since BCM may have its own overlay of settings, there may be plenty of places to look.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Are any of the people experiencing this problem Apple users? I friend of mine has a Mac, and she had the same problem. I did a google on winmail.dat + Apple and found a product that cost around US $80 or so, but did the trick. Try looking for this kind of lead, and good luck.