New Lounger
    Thanks
    A few days after having re-installed XP from the factory CD (and doing a thorough cleaning), everything worked fine; now "All Programs" (from Start) only flashes up briefly, and then the window "Set Program Access and Defaults" comes up. So if I want to go to a program which does not have a desktop icon, I have to go to the program folder to start it - pretty annoying. How can I get my "All Programs" back? Doing another cleaning and resetting the Start-Menu-Properties did not help. Any solution? Thanks.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Welcome!!

See if Xperience Xp: "All Programs" Menu missing helps.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Joe,

I went through the list of options in that link, and none made a difference, i.e.

The keys "set start menu' and "common start menu" were already as suggested;
    The hidden files were already unchecked in C\Doc and Sett for every user (Propert.).

Adv, Syst Care did not make a difference, either.

The reg option as suggested, under HKeyCurr.User\Soft\MS\Win\CurrVers\Pol\Expl was supposed to have an entry "NoStartMenuMorePrograms and it should be "0"; however, I do not have any such entry; I only have these:

(Default)
    ClearRecentDocsOnExit
    NoDriveAutoRun
    NoDriveTypeAutoRun
    NoRecentDocsNetHood

Should I add "NoStartMenuMorePrograms"; what should then be the Type for it, and what should be the DataValue or String to make it zero?

Thanks in advance.