2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thought I'd share these
    Feel Free to add that nice tweak you have

Below is 3 rather handy right click Registry Tweaks for Windows 7
    These work on the Background. Background in Windows 7 and vista means any blank space in any folder or blank space anywhere on desktop.
    To not use any of these just comment them out with a ; on each line between the blank lines or just delete.
    These are just as easy to remove as they are to install if you don't know how, ask me.

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;ADD's right click Open command window here
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\cmd]
    "Extended"=-
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Drive\shell\cmd]
    "Extended"=-
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\Background\shell\cmd]
    "Extended"=-
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\Background\shell\cmd]
    @="@shell32.dll,-8506"
    "NoWorkingDirectory"=""
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\Background\shell\cmd\command]
    @="cmd.exe /s /k pushd \"%V\""

;ADD's right click Add Remove Programs
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\Background\shell]
    @="none"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\Background\shell\Add Remove Programs\command]
    @="control appwiz.cpl"

;ADD's right click Admin Mode(aka to some as God Mode) super awesome thing will open something allows a lot of adjusting things in 7
    ;Not recommended for Vista 64 last I read.
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\Background\shell\Admin Mode\command]
    @="Explorer.exe shell:::{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}"

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I would like to implement the changes you describe, but am unsure of where to place them in the registry. Also, will they work on Win7 64 bits?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    These should work on 64-bit versions as well since it's all standardized and there's nothing specific to program files (in 64-bit you have 2 program files folders whereas in 32-bit you only have 1).

As far as tweaks go I use the "Ultimate Windows Tweaker" which I believe was mentioned in the newsletter not all that long ago. Also the God mode is actually a GUID that from what I've learned is actually Sinofsky's Backdoor. Sinofsky is a Microsoft programmer that I believe has actually released a few freebies that are pretty good. the WUID is anything.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} where anything can literally be just about anything. Someone who knew about GUID's obviously decided to call it God mode probably just to show off or something. For those that don't know you can use GUID's by creating an empty folder and naming it as above mentioned. For a list of all the Control Panel GUIDs go to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...8VS.85%29.aspx I believe I actually posted something along these lines elsewhere on the site as well (Probably the same place I found out about "God Mode".

EDIT: Mixed up terms. Changed post to say GUID not WUID
    Current Machine:HP Compaq 6910p with 4GB RAM, Core2Duo @ 2.20 GHz, Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family, Avast free, Malwarebyte's free, TP-Link wireless card (as the built in card has nothing but problems with empty solutions): The card identifies as "Atheros AR922X Wireless Network Adapter". [Not the best machine but it does internet, docs, and vids, and some games (PvZ, Spore)]

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't care for all them tweaking programs when I can basically do most of it myself.

Tommy
    yes, I am running 64 myself. Most reg tweaks as mentioned are platform independent.
    My adaptation of Admin Mode I created myself and it requires no extra folder and is simple reg tweak you can get to anywhere on your PC

Since I cannot upload a .reg file directly I have zipped to 7background.zip.
    Includes a removal .reg also

Extract somewhere and right click and edit and you will see it is same as posted.
    Now you right click and choose Merge

Windows 7 has lots of 'Modes' (exclusive)

Or if that isn't enough
    The ultimate 'God Mode' list: 39 secret Windows 7 shortcuts
    Attached Files Attached Files

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    simple reg tweak Take Ownership for any language to gain control of files which may or may not work. that will appear on the right click
    I have had to resort to cmd line to perform these things since Win 7 occasionally.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...menu-in-vista/

Thanks
    Thanks "Take Ownership" works nicely

It beats having to right click and remove "everyone" from the "permissions list".
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Excellent tweaks-- defintely useful for me. Many thanks!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Gellman View Post
    Excellent tweaks-- defintely useful for me. Many thanks!
    Reg Tweaks just makes things easier to use and I don't post anywhere unless they are good. Even the ones I develop myself. Some may not be needed for some people. If you have any ? then fire away.

Worked on one for almost 2 years off and on a right click on a shortcut for XP and Vista came along and had the 'Open file Location', MS stole my idea
    anyone needs that for XP just ask and I'll post it.

Thanks
    Clear the event viewer by creating a batchfile of this...

Author: unknown.

@echo off
    FOR /F "tokens=1,2*" %%V IN ('bcdedit') DO SET adminTest=%%V
    IF (%adminTest%)==(Access) goto noAdmin
    for /F "tokens=*" %%G in ('wevtutil.exe el') DO (call :do_clear "%%G")
    echo.
    echo Event Logs have been cleared! ^<press any key^>
    goto theEnd
    :do_clear
    echo clearing %1
    wevtutil.exe cl %1
    goto :eof
    :noAdmin
    echo You must run this script as an Administrator!
    echo ^<press any key^>
    :theEnd
    pause>NUL
    "Administrative events" tend to accumulate. This provides a quick way to clear them out.
    This is also posted somewhere else here as well.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.