Thread: PowerDesk 7

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Recently, whenever I right click on any file using PowerDesk 7, Cubic Explorer,or, Win7 Explore all I get is the icon indicating the software is busy and then a notice that it not responding. It does nothing, no matter how long I give it to execute and I eventually have to force it closed using the Task Manager. I have no idea when it started, but I do know that it has been recent. Any ideas on how to correct it?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Tommy, I too have similar problem with Power Desk 7 on my window7pro. It starts and runs awhile and then hangs up. It seems to be running but no action until I reboot and then runs fine for awhile. I have been using Power Desk since it first came on line "free" and always kept it on all the machines I have gone through from win95 on up. I still like winXP pro where Power Desk 6
    runs fine..

I have tried to research the hang up but guess there are no more Power Desk and so far have not found any editor or what that would for me do as good as power Desk used to.

I think it is in need of a driver upgrade.
    good luck
    73 Darrold

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Hale View Post
    Recently, whenever I right click on any file using PowerDesk 7, Cubic Explorer,or, Win7 Explore all I get is the icon indicating the software is busy and then a notice that it not responding. It does nothing, no matter how long I give it to execute and I eventually have to force it closed using the Task Manager. I have no idea when it started, but I do know that it has been recent. Any ideas on how to correct it?
    Avanquest PowerDesk 7 Pro works fine for me, although if you can bring it up at all you might note that there is an update feature, and if you can't get that to work you might like to try the FREE FreeCommander. (If you uninstalled PowerDesk from one computer and tried to install it on a different computer, you may be in trouble because of the licence conditions - talk to Avanquest in that case).