Thread: WIZARDS

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I am not sure that this is the right forum for this question? But I have been trying to find either a book(s) or online site that gives a step by simpile step. On what actions you have to take to build a Access wizard. Is there a forum where they answer all the stupid questions I have on how to build a wizard. The books I have seem to talk over my head or seem to think I am at their level of knowledge. I keep feeling that their are pieces missing in what they are telling me.
    What am I trying to do with a wizard? One I want to change the Error message that the current wizards create and have my own created when ever I place a button on a form. Or when I code an VBA event for any enrty box on a form. Also I would like to be able to place the comment field of a table field on a form. Into a help message field on the form when the GotFocus event happens.
    I also have seen some wizards for sale, but I am not sure I could install them. Would love to find a class in New Hampshire, but feel it is not in the cards.
    Hope I have not wasted your time.
    Sarge

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Head over to Helen Fedderma's Site (she authoors the Access Watch Newsletter)
    http://www.helenfeddema.com/
    where you will find lots of stuff on Access Addins.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You may find that MZ Tools does some of what you want without you having to write your own wizard.

It adds a pile of things to the VBA editor , including the capacity to add an error handler with the click of a mouse, and to customise the error message. But it does not change the error messages created by the command button wizard.

[attachment=88261:mztools.gif]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards
    John

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks guys for the help. Sarge