New Lounger
    Thanks
    In Windows 7 when I make the Outlook window smallish and place it in the lower right corner of my desktop, it moves a little towards the center. The movement occurs when I switch users or sometimes when I bring the system out of sleep mode (I think). This causes it to be covered sometimes by other windows I bring up. Is there a way get the Outlook window to hold its position? The same annoying thing happens with the Outlook Reminders window.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I think I know what the issue is, but I have no idea what to do about it. You say this happens when you switch users. Well, I think it is because the desktop is at a different resolution when on the login screen, and Outlook is adjusting its location so that it is still on screen. I have noticed this behavior on my work laptop. I sometimes work directly on the laptop (screen resolution of 1440x900), but then I also dock the laptop at which time I have a different screen resolution (dual monitor, 3200x1200), and then I also remote desktop to the laptop at which time I have yet another screen resolution (1680x1050). Each time the Outlook windows adjusts its position to remain on screen.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Paul, thanks for your thoughtful reply. Your response made me think about this and that I had not really done some basic testing. So I put small sized windows at all four corners of the screen and then did a switch-users. It turns out this is not associated with Outlook windows only. Windows on the right side of the screen move inward a little towards the center while windows on the left side do not move at all. I don't know, maybe this has something to do with the aspect ratio of my new monitor which is something like 16x9 (HD like aspect ratio). Could it be that it does not happen on the older squarish aspect ratio screens? Anyway, I guess a workaround for me would be to put the Outlook windows on the left side of my screen.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    4:3 monitors will not help - that is what I have on my docking station. It it just the screen resolution differences as you cycle between the login screen and the desktop that are causing the issue. I just put up with it and reposition Outlook (or any other window) as I need to.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Peter, sorry for the name error in my last post. As I mentioned in that post, when I put the windows (that I want open all the time) on the left side of the screen they do not shift towards the center. Works for me.