2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Just upgraded one workstation from Word 2003 to Word 2007 and now cannot print labels and envelopes correctly.
    If I have a document with an inside address & I click Mailings|Envelopes & Lables. The address prints up toward the top border of the #10 envelope. I have checked the options and #10 envelope is selected. Along the same lines, at the same worksation, the Avery label #5164 is printing the address toward the top border of the individual label instead of where the addressee address should go. Can anyone help????
    Charlotte Quiroz

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charquiroz View Post
    Just upgraded one workstation from Word 2003 to Word 2007 and now cannot print labels and envelopes correctly. If I have a document with an inside address & I click Mailings|Envelopes & Lables. The address prints up toward the top border of the #10 envelope. I have checked the options and #10 envelope is selected.
    If there is an "inside address" does that mean the address block is a line longer than usual?

Can you replicate the problem if you start out with clean templates? I'm wondering whether an AutoText or other setting in a migrated Normal.dot might be interfering. (Or maybe the AutoText is only relevant to envelopes inserted into documents... hard to remember.)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    If there is an "inside address" does that mean the address block is a line longer than usual?

Can you replicate the problem if you start out with clean templates? I'm wondering whether an AutoText or other setting in a migrated Normal.dot might be interfering. (Or maybe the AutoText is only relevant to envelopes inserted into documents... hard to remember.)
    Yes, I can replicate the problem from a blank sheet of paper (based on Normal.dotm). She did have AutoText in her Normal.dot in Word 2003 and we preserved that Normal.dot for her Word 2007 install. But, you did give me an idea that I'm going to go try right now..... I'll keep you posted.

Well, poo.... What I did was change all her AutoText from "normal.dotm" to "building blocks.dotm:, closed Word, deleted the Normal.dotm and reopened Word, but the problem did not change.

I did notice, however, that the printer is an HP 4050TN and in the properties for the printer it says it is an HP 4050PS. So, would it be a driver problem?
    Charlotte Quiroz

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charquiroz View Post
    Yes, I can replicate the problem from a blank sheet of paper (based on Normal.dotm). She did have AutoText in her Normal.dot in Word 2003 and we preserved that Normal.dot for her Word 2007 install. But, you did give me an idea that I'm going to go try right now..... I'll keep you posted.

Well, poo.... What I did was change all her AutoText from "normal.dotm" to "building blocks.dotm:, closed Word, deleted the Normal.dotm and reopened Word, but the problem did not change.

I did notice, however, that the printer is an HP 4050TN and in the properties for the printer it says it is an HP 4050PS. So, would it be a driver problem?

OK! Solved! It was a printer "off set" issue. Whew!
    Charlotte Quiroz