Thanks
    Hi fellow Loungers, as you seem to know about browsers can you solve this mystery. My default browser is FF, I can start a new topic or reply using add reply button in this forum, Bleepingcomputer forum, TalkTalk forum plus a few others. on theeldergeek.com/forum I can not do anything using these buttons using my desktop or laptop. Yet I can if I use IE8. They have tried and sadly failed to solve my mystery, can you ?
    Adobe Flash - Shockwave and Java are all installed and all up to date including Windows+Microsoft. Further details in my Profile.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    Those buttons look pretty straightforward... but I'm not registered there, so I can't really test it myself.

A good first thing to try when having problems with a particular site is clearing your Firefox cache and deleting your saved cookies for that site.

Cache: Tools > Clear Recent History (uncheck everything except cache)

Cookies: Tools > Options..., Privacy section, "Show Cookies" -- carefully remove the eldergeek.com cookies individually, do NOT click remove "all" unless you really want to remove all your cookies (there is no undo for this dialog)

Does that help? Also try resetting your zoom level for the site (visit the page, then View > Zoom > Reset).

To rule out add-on conflicts, a quick diagnostic is to create a new "clean" Firefox profile: Creating a new Firefox profile on Windows @ MozillaZine Knowledge Base. It will look "factory fresh" except that it will pick up the plugins installed on your machine. If that profile works, then you may have a bad setting or conflicting add-on.

Any luck?

Thanks
    jscher2000, I have tried almost everything. If your interested my non de plume posts can be seen here

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    If your interested my non de plume posts can be seen here
    If I read that thread correctly, you can open an edit screen when you click new post or add reply, but the editing area does not work correctly? You click in the text area and the blinking vertical line does not appear and/or typing doesn't go into the box as expected?

== Edit ==

I note that you encounter this problem with the Rich Text editor but not the Standard editor. I vaguely think there might have been an issue with the Rich Text editor on this board, but the Windows Secrets developers have gone under the covers and fixed a lot of things, so there might not be much or any discussion here in the Lounge about what it was.

Can you confirm that the Rich Text editor works for you here? If so, maybe suggest the Elder Geek admins contact the Windows Secret admins (link at the bottom of the Lounge pages) for a discussion.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    If I read that thread correctly, you can open an edit screen when you click new post or add reply, but the editing area does not work correctly? You click in the text area and the blinking vertical line does not appear and/or typing doesn't go into the box as expected?

== Edit ==

I note that you encounter this problem with the Rich Text editor but not the Standard editor. I vaguely think there might have been an issue with the Rich Text editor on this board, but the Windows Secrets developers have gone under the covers and fixed a lot of things, so there might not be much or any discussion here in the Lounge about what it was.

Can you confirm that the Rich Text editor works for you here? If so, maybe suggest the Elder Geek admins contact the Windows Secret admins (link at the bottom of the Lounge pages) for a discussion.
    I can use rich text without any trouble on any site using IE8. If I use add reply or new topic on elder geek, I cannot when using FF but can use fast reply. If I turn off rich text on Elder Geek it works.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    I can use rich text without any trouble on any site using IE8. If I use add reply or new topic on elder geek, I cannot when using FF but can use fast reply. If I turn off rich text on Elder Geek it works.
    So does Firefox + Rich Text work for you here in the Lounge?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    So does Firefox + Rich Text work for you here in the Lounge?
    It works every where except the elder geek. I am a member of about 8 forums and never have any trouble with them.