2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use a desktop at home and a laptop when traveling, both with XP SP3 and Outlook 2007 - All offered MS patches included.

When I am about to leave home I shut down Outlook on both machines and copy C:\Documents and Settings\<me>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook from the desktop to the same location on the laptop. However when I connect the laptop to the I'net and run Outlook, it proceeds to download all the emails saved on the ISPs server even though it already has them in the copied database. I don't wish to delete everything from the ISP server. Is there any way of persuading Outlook not to download files that it already has in its database?

Thanks
    In earlier versions of Outlook, there was a file that stored information about what had already been downloaded from a POP server so that Outlook didn't re-download the same messages. I'm not sure how it works in more recent versions. Hmmm, I guess I said that before: [topic=514132]Laptop & Desktop (2003 SP1)[/topic].

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by petermat View Post
    I use a desktop at home and a laptop when traveling, both with XP SP3 and Outlook 2007 - All offered MS patches included.

When I am about to leave home I shut down Outlook on both machines and copy C:\Documents and Settings\<me>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook from the desktop to the same location on the laptop. However when I connect the laptop to the I'net and run Outlook, it proceeds to download all the emails saved on the ISPs server even though it already has them in the copied database. I don't wish to delete everything from the ISP server. Is there any way of persuading Outlook not to download files that it already has in its database?
    Does your mail server support IMAP?? If so then use IMAP instead of Pop then you won't have to move anything!