New Lounger
    Thanks
    One workbook, two sheets. The phone message sheet information needs to link into the message log sheet; however, the phone message sheet information will be deleted after it is printed. The information from the phone message sheet needs to stay in the message log sheet. Each phone message will be logged and kept in the message log sheet. However, the information in the phone message sheet will be deleted each time after printing the message. I tried =sheet, etc.but, of course, as soon as you delete the info in the phone message sheet, it is also deleted in the message log sheet.

I am not familiar with macros, which I believe is what I need. Or, if there is another easier way, I would appreciate knowing how.

I have attached the sample worksheet.

Thank you!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    You can link each of the cells into the appropriate point on the summary sheet, but they would need to be converted to values to be retained each time you wanted to clear the data sheet.
    So it would really be much easier to have a Macro to transfer the data from the form onto the sheet, which would not be a very difficult one to
    write.

That being said, the whole thing should really be in a database NOT a spreadsheet.
    Then you can have a Form as required simply posting the data into the message log table.
    You also have the advantage with a database, that you can have multiple user access.

If you want to stick to the spreadsheet solution, this thread ought to move to the spreadsheet board.
    If not I am sure a simple database solution could be provided.

But you would need Access or equivalent to run it on.
    Andrew

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am not familiar with macros. If you have time, would you be able to write the macros for me? I know this is asking a lot, but I have tried and tried to figure it out and can't. I am trying ACCESS, which is much easier, except I can't seem to make the form the way I want. I will keep working on it.

Thank you for all your help!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    What version of Access are you using? The options we can suggest are rather dependent on that information. Also a terminology note - in Access objects that look like worksheets in Excel are referred to as tables. Also, looking at your example, it appears you want one table, one form, and one report. The form would be used for data entry, and the report would be used to print the message to give to the recipient (unless you want to share the database will all of the prospective recipients of phone messages).
    Wendell

Thanks
    You need to decide if you want an Excel or an Access solution to this.

Personally I think you ought to use Access, but it is not my decision.
    Andrew