New Lounger
    Thanks
    Windows 7 Ultimate: Hybrid Sleep sometimes wakes up with no video (tried wiggeling the mouse & keyboard activity), soI have to shut-down & reboot to get video.
    It happens randomly; sometimes on the 1st "awake", sometimes after many "wakes".
    Anybody else having that issue? Solutions?

Lounger
    Thanks
    I have had that hapen to me. I blame my Samsung monitor which has a reputation for this problem. I no longer require a password to awaken the screen saver and also never put my monitor to sleep. The problem has not returned.

When the problem did accur, I had to power the monitor off and on quite a few times before the screen would paint.

I did see that my keyboard was still alive and hence I rebooted by using the Win key, right arrow twice and U. This was better than powering off etc.
    Seymour

Thanks
    Hi Anthony,

I have a Toshiba laptop that I did a custom install of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit the week Win7 was released. I like to use sleep so I can leave the machine on and avoid all the heat with prolonged running. I never had a problem doing that with Vista, but with Win7 I have not been able to use sleep mode in any form including hybrid. Every time it failed to wake up a message pointed to the video card driver as the culprit. The laptop has an ATI discrete video card and even with the latest driver and the driver before that one, I have not been able to resolve this.

When I gave up, I decided to try hibernation, and it works flawlessly on the laptop. It takes a little more time to wake up, but it has been very reliable. I am hoping that a Win7 patch or a better written video driver will surface that addresses the sleep mode issue, but until then I will stick with hibernation.

If you have not tried hibernation, give it a shot; maybe it will work reliably on your system.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Shepard View Post
    Hi Anthony,

I have a Toshiba laptop that I did a custom install of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit the week Win7 was released. I like to use sleep so I can leave the machine on and avoid all the heat with prolonged running. I never had a problem doing that with Vista, but with Win7 I have not been able to use sleep mode in any form including hybrid. Every time it failed to wake up a message pointed to the video card driver as the culprit. The laptop has an ATI discrete video card and even with the latest driver and the driver before that one, I have not been able to resolve this.

When I gave up, I decided to try hibernation, and it works flawlessly on the laptop. It takes a little more time to wake up, but it has been very reliable. I am hoping that a Win7 patch or a better written video driver will surface that addresses the sleep mode issue, but until then I will stick with hibernation.

If you have not tried hibernation, give it a shot; maybe it will work reliably on your system.
    Hibernation has always worked on all my machines, but the Win7 Hybrid Sleep is sooo much faster coming up that I really want to use it.
    Thanks, Tony

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunrisecc View Post
    I have had that hapen to me. I blame my Samsung monitor which has a reputation for this problem. I no longer require a password to awaken the screen saver and also never put my monitor to sleep. The problem has not returned.

When the problem did accur, I had to power the monitor off and on quite a few times before the screen would paint.

I did see that my keyboard was still alive and hence I rebooted by using the Win key, right arrow twice and U. This was better than powering off etc.
    I hadn't thought of powering the monitor off/on... I'll try it!
    Thanks, Tony

New Lounger
    Thanks
    For what its worth - I was using Hybrid for a few months and love it - on the odd occasion it would limit screen colours so Aero wasn't usable - quick logoff fixed that. Then it would never go into Hybrid. The culprit was Malwarebytes. Uninstalled and all back to normal.
    H

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Malkin View Post
    For what its worth - I was using Hybrid for a few months and love it - on the odd occasion it would limit screen colours so Aero wasn't usable - quick logoff fixed that. Then it would never go into Hybrid. The culprit was Malwarebytes. Uninstalled and all back to normal.
    H
    Hi Howard, just to clarify, were you running the paid edition of Malwarebytes that runs in the background with active protection, or the free on demand scan version?
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Glad to see I'm not the only one with these issues. My PC doesn't always wake up with video out of sleep. I have an nVidia GT 220, (latest driver), and a Dell monitor. I've tried turning the monitor off/on with no luck. It doesn't always happen, and the recovery from sleep is great...when it works.