New Lounger
    Thanks

Downloading a web

I crashed and lost my copy of a web I work on. I've used Front Page/file/import to copy the web back to my hard drive but it comes as all individual folders and not in the structure of the set up web. How to I 'publish' this to a blank web in front page to get the whole thing the way it's set up? I can't find anything about it in Woody's Office 2000 Special Edition. Thanks for your help.
    Ralph

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Downloading a web

With FrontPage you can bring a website down to your computer and retain all its structure if you 'reverse Publish" it. This can be done by bringing up your site's home page with Internet Explorer, then click on <Edit>. This invokes FrontPage and tells it to import the website. You'll be asked for userid and password. When you see the web in your folders list, just <File><Publish web> and tell it to publish it to a folder on your hard disk. Done!

Mike

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Mike for the speedy response. I thought I had done this and it didn't work but somehow now it does. Thanks again. Maybe I'll learn to back up more often.
    Ralph

brucev

I also wish to thank you on this. I need to do this too and thought this is how it is done. I will now be able to get all my websites backed up!