Thanks
    Hello everyone!

This is something that has been bothering me for quite awhile now. I have a lot of bookmarks! If I have forgotten which folder I have put one, I open "Organize Bookmarks" and do a search. I always find the bookmark, however, Search does NOT seem to list the actual location of the bookmark, IOW which folder I have it in. It lists the name of the bookmark, and the url associated with it, but not the actual folder I where it is. Have I been missing something?

Thanks!
    -----------------------------------------
    Dogs Aren't Our Whole Life

BUT

They Make Our Life Whole.
    -----------------------------------------
    HP Pavillion Elite HPE-127 c-b Intel Core i5 750 2.67 Ghz 8 GB RAM one 2 TB Hdd, and one 3 TB Hdd with one 3TB external HDD Win 7 Home Premium 64, GeForce GT 220 1 Gig Vram; Sony Vaio laptop with Intel i3 330-M 2.13 Ghz 4 GB RAM 500 GB Hdd Win 7 Home Premium 64; not to mention an HTC One (the older model) and a Nexus 7(2013)

--------------------------------

BUT

Thanks
    I see what you mean; I also cannot find an option to display the folder containing a found bookmark.

Over the years, people have created extensions to solve bookmarks management tasks. I haven't researched them myself, but perhaps someone has a better search? You could search using Tools > Add-ons > Get Add-ons

Also, you can submit feature requests for future versions of Firefox here: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

Thanks
    Its a little convoluted but you could install the Xmarks addon that allows you to backup your bookmarks and sync them between multiple computers. After installing the addon and creating an xmarks acount, sync your bookmarks. Then log on to your Myxmarks account, click on Mybookmarks, and search for your bookmark. The search results will give you the folder its stored in.

Jerry

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Witalka View Post
    Its a little convoluted but you could install the Xmarks addon that allows you to backup your bookmarks and sync them between multiple computers. After installing the addon and creating an xmarks acount, sync your bookmarks. Then log on to your Myxmarks account, click on Mybookmarks, and search for your bookmark. The search results will give you the folder its stored in.Jerry
    Thanks, Jerry. I have actually been using XMarks for awhile now (since it was Foxmarks), but I hadn't thought of using it for that. It is somewhat convoluted, as you said, but it would work!
    HP Pavillion Elite HPE-127 c-b Intel Core i5 750 2.67 Ghz 8 GB RAM one 2 TB Hdd, and one 3 TB Hdd with one 3TB external HDD Win 7 Home Premium 64, GeForce GT 220 1 Gig Vram; Sony Vaio laptop with Intel i3 330-M 2.13 Ghz 4 GB RAM 500 GB Hdd Win 7 Home Premium 64; not to mention an HTC One (the older model) and a Nexus 7(2013)

BUT

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    I see what you mean; I also cannot find an option to display the folder containing a found bookmark.

Over the years, people have created extensions to solve bookmarks management tasks. I haven't researched them myself, but perhaps someone has a better search? You could search using Tools > Add-ons > Get Add-ons

Also, you can submit feature requests for future versions of Firefox here: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

Jeez, I guess I'm not actually missing something! I thought that I had to be because it couldn't actually be that Mozilla didn't include that function in Firefox, and someone else hadn't already complained about it. Also, I didn't know about the site you referenced above and I will make my way there post haste.

Thanks,

Scott

BUT