Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Anyone have information as to disabling or uninstalling Windows Media Player i n an XP 32 system? Any info or help will be most appreciated.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    START / CONTROL PANEL / ADD-REMOVE PROGRAMS / WINDOWS COMPONENTS..............It will bring the screen of Windows items up, then remove what you don't want..

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rabee View Post
    START / CONTROL PANEL / ADD-REMOVE PROGRAMS / WINDOWS COMPONENTS..............It will bring the screen of Windows items up, then remove what you don't want..
    Thanks for your reply, unfortunately, it didn't uninstall or disable; but I do appreciate your input.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If you do not have an intregrated uninstaller available(as in, with Regseeker or Ccleaner side components ferinstance),I'd suggest you install one or both of them---or grab and use Revo Uninstaller (http://download.cnet.com/RevoUninsta...-10687649.html)

Failing that, you could do a Start> Run> type regedit> Search and remove each bit individually-----or just delete the folder under C/: Program Files.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stuben View Post
    Thanks for your reply, unfortunately, it didn't uninstall or disable; but I do appreciate your input.
    Check for an entry using Control Panel | Add Remove Programs. There may be an entry for "Windows Media Player xx" near the end of the list.

Joe
    Joe