2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,
    A quick question concerning Windows Mail. I have Vista Home Premium and lately my Windows Mail has been acting a bit squirrely. When I initially open it, at some times, but not all the time, I get a message saying that it cannot access the server due to 'a long period of inactivity' (not) 'network problems (not again) or diffculty accessing the server.
    Since I am not inactive when I do this, and my network in all other respects is fine, the only thing I might trace it back to would be the February update for the malicious software removal tool. I have also downloaded and installed a fax program, and Norton Internet Security 2010 both of which I am pretty sure I did after the problem started.
    This only seems to happen at busy times of the day as well-might it be my ISP?
    I was wondering if anybody else has had this happen and if so, knows of any solutions?

Thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    The Malicious Software Removal tool only checks your system unless it finds specific malware, which it will clean. It is more likely to be your ISP particularly if it is not consistent.

You should consider upgrading to Mail - Windows Live. It is the follow on product to WIndows Mail.

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ok Joe,
    Thanks!