3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Placeholder bar in Outlook (OL2k, Win2k)

I make great use of the "My Network Places" feature in Win2k, and any open/save dialog box in Word, Excel, Access etc gives me this on the fifth button on the Placeholder Bar.

But Outlook doesn't.

In Outlook, I have to click the drop down list, wait for a moment while it searches my disk & network drives, and then select My Network Places from there. There is no fifth button on the Placeholder bar, which would be *soooo* much easier.

Why not? I thought these things were common dialogs? And since they obviously vary from program to program, where is the configuration for them stored, and how can I get the button back?

Help, please.

Regards,

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Placeholder bar in Outlook (OL2k, Win2k)

it's a limitation of outlook 2000, fixed in 2002.

you can have up to 10 listings on the places bar, i'm not sure if specific network locations will stay in outlook or not, it's been so long since i last used that version. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.poremsky.com/places_bar.htm>how to change the places bar in office 2000, xp and windows </A>

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Placeholder bar in Outlook (OL2k, Win2k)

Thanks Mary. I guess I'll just have to live with it.

The linked page was useful, though. If I *have* to live with it, I can at least include the majority of the places that I want as additional entries on the placebar.

Thanks again.