New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi all first time user. Been trying to find a solution to this on google for a few days now and no luck.
    I bought a new mouse (microsoft comfort 3000) and installed the software for it. and then tried to get to the properties through there icon on desktop as well as through the control panel mouse access point
    and there is no access at all.

The mouse works as the box says it should magnification, scrolling, clicking right and left all the standard stuff. Just can't get to properties to adjust acceleration and speed.

Running win 7
    It's an hp pavilion dv9830us Notebook PC.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellogg12 View Post
    Hi all first time user. Been trying to find a solution to this on google for a few days now and no luck.
    I bought a new mouse (microsoft comfort 3000) and installed the software for it. and then tried to get to the properties through there icon on desktop as well as through the control panel mouse access point
    and there is no access at all.

The mouse works as the box says it should magnification, scrolling, clicking right and left all the standard stuff. Just can't get to properties to adjust acceleration and speed.

Running win 7
    It's an hp pavilion dv9830us Notebook PC.

Hi Kellog

What do you get in control panel? No right click, or an error?

can you check in device manager to insure the driver is installed and working properly?

Ken
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional-- Windows Expert Consumer 2009---2015
    MCC 2013-2015

Wanikiyi & Dyami--Team ZigZag3143

Thanks
    Welcome to the lounge

You may need to reinstall the software as Administrator; right-click the installer and select 'run as Admin' or open an elevated command prompt (Start > Run > 'cmd') and drop the installer into the box and hit Enter.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had the same problem. Went to Microsoft and updated the driver. Works perfectly now

New Lounger
    Thanks

Question

I originally installed the software in the admin account.
    When I click on it in control pannel I get nothing it just doesn't do anything and the rest of the icons in control pannel do exactly what they are suposed to do.
    And the device manager shows the comfort mouse 3000 just as I think it should be.

Haven't tried going to Microsoft sight and down loading the drivers yet.But will try that shortly thanks for your help.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy

Hi all back again. I tried the idea of going to microsoft and down loading the latest software for the mouse and installing that but no cigar this time. Didn't work inother words. So still looking for a solution.
    Thanks for your help. Will get back to you if I ever find out what the fix is.