Thread: WP SP3

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Recently downloaded update to WP XP3 and no problems. I usually go to safe mode (F8 Key) and do any changes and defrag. Now I can't get to safe mode with F8 or F5 key.
    What happened? Any way to go there now. I'm afraid to use the MSCONFIG to the Boot Ini tab for (Boot to safe mode).

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    USB keyboard? If so, try a PS/2 keyboard and see if that works and check the BIOS to see if legacy USB support was switched off for some reason.

Thanks
    Yes, I keep a PS/2 keyboard and mouse attached (and stuck in a nearby drawer) to be used in situations just like that.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a Logitech MK300 keyboard and laser mouse that is using usb. I do have an adapter from a different logitch that was plugged into the keyboard slot in the tower that used a usb cable.
    Is this what you mean to use? I was just thinking because I upgraded to XP SP3 that might be why.

Vet

Thanks
    Like Byron had mentioned, I have had various upgrades temporarily interrupt things. A PS/2 connection is the little round one that is usually green or purple for a keyboard or mouse, and you might need to be connected there to have control in Safe Mode. But if your computer does not have PS/2s, then maybe you are running into your Safe Mode no longer having enough drivers available to see your USBs after the upgrade. I do not have any specific experience there in a situation like yours, but I do know upgrades do not always make everything better!