3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a laptop that came loaded with the VISTA OS. What is the BEST route to go to either Upgrade to Win 7 OR downgrade to WINXP.? And most important HOW to do either???

Thanx all.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PaJan View Post
    I have a laptop that came loaded with the VISTA OS. What is the BEST route to go to either Upgrade to Win 7 OR downgrade to WINXP.? And most important HOW to do either???
    If you are determined not to use Vista, I recommend upgrading to Win7. Why downgrade to an OS almost 10 years old? If the laptop runs Vista well it will probably run Win7 better. Run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to check compatability with Win7.

Note: If you decide to upgrade to Win7 and want to do a clean install see Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows: Clean Install Windows 7 with Upgrade Media. If you decide to upgrade in place see Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows: Windows 7 Upgrade Scenarios.

Joe

Thanks
    Another reason to go the Win 7 route is that XP will soon loose it's support from MS. Win 7 is the best OS to come out of Redmond for a long time and is very stable. You will not go wrong. Just do a Google search for Win 7 to get tons of sites on how to install Win 7 and hundreds of tips and tricks to make it work the way you want it. These sites make it easy, even for novices to move to Win 7. I would definitely go the clean install route rather than the in place upgrade route.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy