Thread: Boot hang

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Two days ago PC started hanging at boot time - with the starting windows logo displayed. I hit the reset button, it goes back to the last config that worked and all is OK.
    Is there any way to see why it hung or what the changes were between configurations?
    Running internal SATA hd, updates are current, Zonealarm, and Spyware doctor.
    I've made no significant changes in between so I'm thinking it may be related to ZA or SD and their daily updates.
    Thanks.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    ZA, is it updated?
    Had that myself untill i uninstalled it and now use Full Norton 2010, which I don't like cause it thinks i'm stupid.
    Might try MS MSE which woody suggested

Edit: gave ZA a bad name, it was an excellent app and I even paid for the Pro. It worked up until about 4 months ago and then i started having problems. They may have fixed their issues but I bought a new dell had this Norton 2010 with it for 18 months for 3 PC's so I started using it.
    2010 I don't like cause it thinks I'm stupid and programs I created myself it want's to delete cause 10 users haven't used it. Yes i have tried to turn off the obvious to stop this but no luck.

Thanks
    Check the event viewer as well, see if there is anything there for that particular date/time.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Nothing in the event viewer except the shutdown the evening before and after it did the restore.
    Reliability monitor says "Windows failed to start and we are unable to determine the cause of the problem", and "Unspecified changes to system configuration might have caused the problem."
    A lot of help there.

Thanks
    I would suggest uninstalling the programs you have mentioned and see if the behavior persists.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.