New Lounger
    Thanks
    Which port does the Time sync on Windows 7 Use to poll the external time sync stations?
    I am not able to use the internet time for some reason, and suspect that my external firewall is perhaps blocking that port. I doubt that it is any of the standard internet ports, cause that machine does have web access.

Reason I am trying to use this, is the Win7 PC is a HTPC, my atomic clock on the wall is accurate, my pc's clock is consistently slow, this obviously makes for interesting recordings when I am scheduling shows to be recorded.

Also - I have a small usb powered GPS unit, is it possible to set that up as my time clock?

THanks
    Andrew

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    I've disabled the "windows time" service and gone exclusively with Dimension 4 v5.0
    It's proven to be a faithfull little time keeping app. Take a look.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks - I'll give that a shot and see what happens - It is getting frustrating having my Scheduled shows be off by 10 minutes ( or more )

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew R View Post
    Which port does the Time sync on Windows 7 Use to poll the external time sync stations?
    I am not able to use the internet time for some reason, and suspect that my external firewall is perhaps blocking that port. I doubt that it is any of the standard internet ports, cause that machine does have web access.
    W32time uses UDP port 123.

Joe

Thanks
    You can increase the frequency of synchronisation of the Windows Internet Time service (default 7 days) via a simple registry change.

If you are a fan of the Command Prompt window, the utility CMDTIME3 (direct link to 57 kB download) does a good job:

* CmdTime 3.0 (c) Jury Gerasimov, 2000-2002.
    * Adjusting time via Internet Time Servers.
    * Contact author: http://www.softshape.com

Connecting uk.pool.ntp.org... OK (response time = 1140 ms).

Current time : 10/03/2010 06:07:35
    Suggested time : 10/03/2010 06:07:35
    Inaccuracy : 00:00:00

Time is set to 10/03/2010 06:07:35 successfully
    BATcher

Dear Diary, today the Hundred Years War started ...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    I use NetTime, old but good.

cheers, Paul