New Lounger
    Thanks
    I want to transfer some files from another PC to mine, I'm presuming that FTP software is the best for this? I do have Firezilla on my PC which I have used to upload web pages following instructions given by my host - very straight forward.

How do I go about accessing the files on the other PC? How do I get the right address? I have Firezilla Client.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Susan

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Is the other PC on a local network or is it remote?

How big are the files?

What type of files?

If you have a hotmail.com, or live.com account you can use http://skydrive.live.com

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by indi View Post
    How do I go about accessing the files on the other PC? How do I get the right address?
    Normally, a PC is not running an FTP service that will allow you to connect with an FTP client. There probably is some free software that would turn [s]your[/s] the other PC into an FTP server that you could set up temporarily. At that point, yes, you would need the address of the other PC (depends on the connection and whether/how NAT is set up), and all routers and firewalls on the other end would need to be configured to allow FTP access.

It probably would be simpler and safer to use a web-based service to transfer the files.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    You could use Filezilla Server, but it would be far easier to just network the machines, or use some of the other suggestions in this thread.
    Google Docs is also good.