New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am re-installing XP on an 8 year old Compaq following a BSOD. There is nothing vital on it that cannot be replaced easily.
    All seemed to go well except that I cannot get the ethernet, USB or wireless connections to work. I tried re-install but the system cannot find any drivers. I tried a re-boot with the install CD but that had no effect.
    For now my best bet looks like burning the drivers to a CD from a my other PC and copying them from that.
    I would have thought that these drivers would have been on the install CD or do I need to search somewhere in particular for them?

Cheers

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It depends on what kind of install disc you are using, if its a restore disc it should have the drivers but 2002 is far enough in the past to have gotten a XP install disc with the system with a seperate driver disc included. If that's the case, and the driver disc is long gone, you might still have some luck looking up the system on HP.com to see if an old set of drivers is still available.

If any device component is not original, you'll need to go to the original manufacturer's site and try to get the drivers for it.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm using a disc from some HP PC's that I got in 2008. You're right that the original discs are long gone if they ever existed. I'll have a search of the site to see if the original drivers are there.

Thanks

Thanks
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron Tarbox View Post
    It depends on what kind of install disc you are using, if its a restore disc it should have the drivers but 2002 is far enough in the past to have gotten a XP install disc with the system with a seperate driver disc included. If that's the case, and the driver disc is long gone, you might still have some luck looking up the system on HP.com to see if an old set of drivers is still available.

If any device component is not original, you'll need to go to the original manufacturer's site and try to get the drivers for it.
    Many thanks. I found the missing drivers on compaq.com
    Luckily the USB was working (sort of but good enough) that I could use a USB stick to transfer them.
    I also used PartitionWizard (found out about in another part of the lounge) to re-size the 4GB(!) C drive.

Cheers