Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello everyone.

I have a long M$ Works document of 190 pages, but I want it to start numbering with page 1 on the actual page 13!

I know how to set numbering up using the footers thing, and I realise in the options tab you can alter the numbering from the first page.

But I want the first 12 pages without any numbering, and then page 13 of the document to start with 1, and then to run on throughout.

I've tried but failed to work out how to do this. The solution would be gratefully recieved.

Cheers, Maghullyback.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maghully Back View Post
    I have a long M$ Works document of 190 pages, but I want it to start numbering with page 1 on the actual page 13!
    I'm not familiar with the word processor in Microsoft Works, but in Microsoft Word (included in some Works suites), you can use a section break between page 12 and 13, and start a new sequence of page numbering in the second section. Does this concept apply at all to Works?

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi jscher2000, thanks for replying.

My version of Works doesn't have the Word element unfortunately, and there's nothing about section breaks.

I've just tried to do it manually, 190 pages one at a time, setting up a footer seperately for each page.

This seems to work until the document is previewed or printed, when it then reverts to page 1 on page 1 etc.

Every book ever published in the history of the world has started page numbering so many pages in, but MS Works knows better!

Anyone else know how to fix this? Don't say buy Word . . .