New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm going to start this here as I think that this has to do with Verizon's online DSL service.

I keep getting this message every time the computer restarts:

(Disregard the Adobe splash screen...)

When I had DSL at home I'm sure I had this problem once or twice But in those days Customer Dis-Service was located in Canada.... Now it's in God-Alone-Knows-Where and I can't understand a word they say.

While I doubt this is anything truly serious, at just about the same time this started appearing we started having problems with our proprietary Tax programmes, all of which rely on networking for proper operation.

So I thought I'd throw this out to those of you who may have some familiartiy with this or with "SmartBridge".

Any clues would be gratefully received.

Administrator
    Thanks
    It appears that the Verizon DSL software is installing an older version of PSAPI.DLL. Found this:

The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL
    To work around this error:

1. Navigate to the installation location for SmartBridge via My Computer
    2. Find PSAPI.DLL and rename it to something like PSAPIOLD.DLL
    3. Reboot the system

The program will find the new PSAPI.DLL in the \Windows\System32 directory and function normally.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Joe. I have quite a few instances of PSAPI here... I suspect that one I want is ninth on the list
    c:/program files/motive/assistcommon?

A little nervous about screwing things up so am checking with you prior to "taking the plunge".

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by libtax View Post
    Thanks, Joe. I have quite a few instances of PSAPI here... I suspect that one I want is ninth on the list
    c:/program files/motive/assistcommon?

A little nervous about screwing things up so am checking with you prior to "taking the plunge".
    That appears to be the one. Just rename it. You can always change it back if that causes problems. Don't forget to re-boot after the rename.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    This is on hold for the moment...

The Techies decided that this had nothing to do with our problems (and I have to think they're right, or I wouldn't have any internet connexion...) but that there WAS a pressing issue on Sequel Server... I'll start another thread on that and then run this fix and update this as soon as we fix that problem.