New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi there,

Running Win 7 64-bit, at some point I had to do a repair install because of a corrupt file in CBS.Log that I couldn’t get rid of. I was aware of that after running the command line: sfc /scannow. My problem is that after the repair install, I was trying to update a Device Driver “High Definition Audio Controller” that was shown as out-of-date by Driver Detective. Every time I run the .exe file to update the driver, I would end up at the end of the setup process with the following error message:

<< We can’t find HD Audio Device >>

Then, after clicking OK for that message and clicking “Next” on the Setup Window, another message would follow: (See also File attachment)

"SETUP LOG:
    Installed components:
    None

fail to Installed components:
    VIA HD Audio Codec Driver v7.9.00.24.100129 :0xfffffffe"

The weird thing is that I dont't have any problem with my Audio system on the computer. Windows Media Center and Windows Media Player for that matter are working just fine. I did surf some other forums on the web, but to no avail. So many different solutions to the same problem. I came out with the impression that most of the answers were wild guesses. I am hoping to be luckier at WS Lounge.

Can anyone give me a hint on how to resolve this issue?. That would be very much appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    Are you sure you downloaded the 64-bit driver?

Does device manager identify your audio device as the correct type?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Are you sure you downloaded the 64-bit driver?

Does device manager identify your audio device as the correct type?

Joe

Answer: Ted Pacheco

I am pretty sure te driver is a 64-bit one since I downloaded it directly from "Driver Detective" which is an app installed on my PC to warn me every time I have some outdated drivers.
    As a matter of fact if I try anything that is 32-bit, I would be greeted with a message warning me about my wrongdoing.
    When I tried to update the same driver In Device Manager, Win 7 would come up with the ordinary result "The best driver is already installed on your computer". Bottom line is the driver is indeed
    out-of-date because when I compare its version and the issuing date with those that Driver Detective is proposing, the one installed on my PC is really behind.

To answer your second question. I don't recall having to ever update "High Definition Audio Controller"; it was already installed on my PC which is only three-year old. So, it should be the correct type and the truth of the matter is I have never had any problem updating my drivers from Driver Detective before the repair install.

Thanks for helping.

Ted Pacheco