Thanks
    I could connect to WL Messenger from my Hotmail page but not from taskbar. To fix, I was told to run cmd.exe as administrator and enter:-
    netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
    I was told it was to do with my connection settings. Are the right or wrong.

[attachment=88306:Local.JPG]
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    The "netsh" command you referenced disables the operating system adjustments to TCP. It has nothing to do with NIC properties. Some network devices do not play well with TCP changes that autotuning can make. See SG FAQ :: How to disable Windows Vista TCP/IP auto-tunning ? for more information.

Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    The "netsh" command you referenced disables the operating system adjustments to TCP. It has nothing to do with NIC properties. Some network devices do not play well with TCP changes that autotuning can make. See SG FAQ :: How to disable Windows Vista TCP/IP auto-tunning ? for more information.

Joe
    Joe, I was told my connection had been changed, and wondered if they were correct. Also that was why I had been advised to disable it by WL Messenger Tech Team Support.

Administrator
    Thanks
    It is almost impossible to tell if your connection settings have changed. Settings can be unique to your hardware and what your ISP requires. You need to know what they were before the problem started.

If WLM support advised disabling autotuning that is fine. I just wanted you to know that is a operating system adjustment not a change your NIC driver settings.

Joe

Thanks
    Joe, thanks for you input. I blame TalkTalk as they helped me restore my connection after I knackered my Netgear DG834Gv3 and they are working at it at present.