Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Have you contacted your ISP and had them run tests?

Joe
    Not really - long story short - we had a running research project (it seems) going on for over a month. My speeds dropped into the 1-2 meg range rather than 8 for which I have a contract. Four modems later and several replacements of field equipment and i now have a steady 10 meg.

Given intermittent nature of the problem I guess I don't hold out a lot of hope for them working this problem.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by colblip View Post
    Given intermittent nature of the problem I guess I don't hold out a lot of hope for them working this problem.
    Intermittent issues are difficult to chase down but since ISPs can easily run remote tests they are usually very willing to do that. When you have the problem it may be well worth it to contact them then. If you don't get stuck on hold for a long time a simple test may identify the culprit.

Joe

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Here in the rainy NW I have had slow downs do to water in the junction boxes and a kink in the wire. As the sun would heat things up, the water would dry out and then things would work.

With the kink, as the sun warmed up the cable, the wire stretched until we lost connection. These both were solved by the "Field Tech" giving me his Cell number and as soon as it happened he was able to be in the area and start tracking and found where the problem was.

Here to those that go beyond the company policies

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12