Thanks
    I am trying out a standing desk in my home office. As I was attempting to bench press my old CRT monitor up to its new location, I (and my back) decided it was time for a new (lighter) LCD monitor.

I am wondering if you have any suggestions.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Catharine Richardson - WebGenii View Post
    I am trying out a standing desk in my home office. As I was attempting to bench press my old CRT monitor up to its new location, I (and my back) decided it was time for a new (lighter) LCD monitor.

Hi WebGenii, I can honestly say that it is definitely time to move into the LCD monitor relm. I made the move a couple of years ago and have never looked back. There are a number of options depending on who you want to buy from, how much you want to spend and how big do you want to go. For me I went big because I find that my eyes are not as good as they once were so the extra display real estate allows me to decrease the resolution and not lose any work space.

One other option to consider is one of the new all-in-one displays that also houses the computer so there is no tower and fewer wires. The design does limit expansion of the system a bit.

Hope that helps,
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">MickeyMouse</font face=comic>
    How best to describe the Lounge-
    "Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, working together is success"

Thanks
    I would go for the largest size that fits within your budget. It does make a difference.
    My preference is for a screen with a black border, although the lighter colours may be your choice
    Paul Coyle
    Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon

Thanks

Check out New Egg.

They have a large selection of LCD monitors, and some of the best prices around.

Catz
    Catz

Thanks
    I think you will find it very difficult to get a monitor in the previous standard 4:3 format, now it's widescreen at 16:10 or 16:9, which means that the number of vertical pixels may be even fewer than you get at the moment on your CRT. It probably depends on whether you want a wide screen in landscape, or a tall screen in portrait, so if the latter, look for a screen which can be pivoted. A 22" or even 24" screen will give you 1920x1200 or 1920x1080 pixels in landscape mode; going beyond this will probably involve the expenditure of $lots... You'll easily be able to find reviews of likely monitors in your locale!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Revising post.

Thanks
    Keeping it simple:
    What use you have for your monitor will also largely determone how much it will cost you;
    Simple office usage: inexpensive, Intense graphics and photo applications: more expensive.

Research, research.

I like Samsung, I've had some decent Dell LCD's as well.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Lurker
    Thanks
    Bigger is definitely Better!! 2-3 years ago I bought a Hanns-G wide-screen monitor, measuring 27.8 inches. Amazing, Fantastic, no regrets!

Thanks
    Well, its' a new LG and happiness all around.
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, its' a new LG and happiness all around.
    What size and where did you buy it (for those of us in Alberta and maybe elsewhere)

Thanks.

Ron M

Thanks
    A 23 in (I can practically suntan with it) and I got it at Futureshop. No real special deals available down in Medicine Hat.
    WebGenii Home Page