New Lounger
    Thanks
    Windows Ctrl Alt Del.
    My taskbar on windows7 is prone to intermittent freezing,I can open programs from the desktop but once they appear I can't proceed any further,even though the mouse works.I can't open the task manager from the taskbar so I have to open it via Ctrl Alt Del,then click on the task manager,as soon as it pops up I can carry on as usual.
    Nothing shows up in Event Viewer and I have upgraded My PC with Windows7 upgrade from Vista,( it used to do it in Vista as well) New,CPU,Motherboard,Ram Memory and PSU,I have taken out My Graphics Card.Tried uninstalling and reinstalling programs,but to no effect.
    It's driving Me Mad.Any useful suggestions will be gratefully accepted.

Thanks
    Did you do the in place upgrade? This sounds like one of those problems that was carried forward with the upgrade. An in place upgrade will allow problems present in the old OS to carry forward to the new OS. A clean install would have been a better approach in my opinion. I had none of these strange problems on 5 different PC I did a Win 7 clean install on. The time you would take to try to troubleshoot and fix this might be better spent on a new clean install and set up of your apps to get your OS back where you want it.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Did a clean install when the New Mobo was put in,no difference.

Thanks
    This is a very perplexing problem. It originally sounded as though a s/w problem may have carried forward with the Win 7 upgrade. Now it seems to be some kind of hardware or Bios issue. Did you change cables with the new mobo? You say you unplugged the graphics card, did you plug it back in or use an onboard option on the mobo? Are any of the cooling fans original? Could this be a heat issue?

I guess I'm using the shotgun approach because you have replaced many of the major components that could cause these type problems.

When you loaded Win 7 did you first load an image of Vista, then clean install Win 7 or start right off the bat with Win 7? If you started right off the bat with Win 7, I take it you have a full install of the OS. I have heard the upgrade version of Win 7 will not install on a new setup such as yours.

Sorry, I seem to have run out of ideas. Any other suggestions from someone would be helpful.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your Reply Ted.I did not change any cables with the new mobo and I used the onboard graphics,I don't think this is a cooling issue because sometimes when I've just booted up in the morning it can still hang up.
    I had windows7 32 bit running on my old mobo and when I clean installed with the new one I put Win7 64 bit on.
    I did not use the easy transfer option, I just copied all My Docs etc to an external HD and reinstalled them after the setup.

Everything seems to be working fine on all aspects of My PC except for this niggling little fault.

Suppose I shall have to live with it,as I have not seen any mention of anybody else having this problem on any Windows forums.