New Lounger
    Thanks
    Windows 7 isn't letting me move a desktop gadget!

Story - I've got 3 windows 7 gadgets pinned to my desktop - somewhat in the middle of my desktop. I've got my Windows 7 taskbar opening on the right hand side of the desktop.

I closed down one of the gadgets last weekend and had to reopen it - it's opened at the default position adjacent to the Windows 7 toolbar - in my case the top right hand corner.

So I'm trying to move this gadget - it should be easy. Right click, move text appears, I click on that - the 4 arrowed move icon appears - and everything stays in its original place.

This is the behaviour on all 3 gadgets on the desktop - 2 which I placed in the middle a month or so ago and the one which I reopened last week.

Any ideas as to why the gadgets won't move? I'm sure I've done something boneheaded, but for the life of me can't work it out!

NB- Auto arrange icons and arrange icons to a grid are both unchecked.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What results from left-click-hold-drag?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you tried unlocking the Taskbar?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    You might also think about trying to move the gadget with the regular mouse cursor rather than right clicking and dragging the crossed arrows. In addition, see if there is a handle to the right of the gadget that will enable you to move it.

Let us know if any of this works for you....

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the help so far. No results to date!

Can't left click hold drag, don't have lock the taskbar set. No handles on any of the gadgets to drag/enlarge (and reduce).

This is odd, frustrating and bizarre! I feel like I'm 10 years old again and had never seen an operating system with a mouse!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Success!

Closed all gadgets. Reopened all 3. Two moved any of the 3 ways (right click move, left click drag, left click on icon to right hand side of gadget)

The other one wouldn't move by left click drag or right click move, but did move when I clicked on the drag gadget icon on the right hand side of the gadget.

Just another quirk in life. Thanks all.