2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello All,
    Is there a way to export a single record from an Access 2007 form? It can be exported to Excel or as a PDF or text file. For example if my data source has 100 records I just want to export record 5. If I need to explain this further just let me know.

As always thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
    MOstate

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    There are a number of methods for outputting a record - some involve Automation (Excel for example), others involve simply printing a form or report. It really depends on what you want to do with the data in that record after you have exported it. So I guess we need more information.
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The user would like to be able to pull up a record from the Form and be able to click a button and have that active record export to Excel or a PDF. The exported data will then be sent to another party probably as an email attachment.
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Is your form a continuous form displaying multiple records, or it is a single record form? If the latter, it's a fairly simple process - assuming you have Service Pack 2 of Office 2007 installed, you can export a form or report to either PDF or Excel, though forms and reports don't export all that nicely to Excel. If it is a continuous form, things get a fair bit more complicated. However if you are comfortable using VBA in Access, you can automate the entire process and export the record in whatever format you like and the using Automation, you can initiate the email and attach the PDF or Excel file to the email. If you want to go into it in more depth, we will need additional details, such as a screenshot of your form and a description of the format of the data.
    Wendell