New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've been unable to find these drivers at the HP sites. Other sites haven't been any help. HP isn't responding to queries about it. Should I just give up and buy a new scanner or does someone have a location the drivers can be downloaded from?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I see NO drivers for Windows 7 at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&submit=Go%20

Have you tried the Vista drivers?
    Just make sure that you the the 32 or 64 bit based on your OS.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    HP never did a good job of supporting newer OSes for their older hardware. Then again, I can't say I entirely blame them. There may an MS provided driver from Microsoft Updates, but don't expect the HP software to run. I have an old HP ScanJet 4300c. I have a full copy of XP that I installed on Sun VirtualBox. I'm running the ScanJet software and drivers in that for now and its working pretty good. I'm looking at an Epson scanner as an eventual (summer) replacement. The scanner is the only thing I have that is not Win7 compatible.
    Chuck

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have the same scanner using Win7 and the Vista driver. The full package XP software package has become useless. Unfortunately this means that the buttons at the front do not function. However all scanning task are executed correctly with programs such as IrfanView, Paint.net, etc. Even OCR with Omnipage works fine. So you don't necessarily have to buy a new scanner.

Regards,
    Teunis

Lounger
    Thanks
    If all else fails try VueScan. You can learn about it at http://www.hamrick.com/
    I have an older Epson scanner and like you was left hanging without a driver when I upgraded to Win 7 x64. VueScan works GREAT for me. Saved me from having to scrap an otherwise good scanner

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor is extremely useful when it comes to providing links even if you have Win 7 already installed. For some peripherals there is a big difference between 64-bit or 32-bit. HP and other manufacturers are publishing more drivers all the time, working backward in time to older devices, so keep checking. Win 7 has turned out to be a very big hit, and manufacturers can't ignore it (or their customers).

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    im useing a hp 2100 m laser with 7 have no probs printing
    ruger22/45 Mark III rugersr9 glock 19 od
    http://www.georgiacarry.org/
    NAM VET