Thanks
    I've been having problems with the Fax Console in my copy of XP Pro. At one point it opened in a window but timed out during a process it called 'refreshing.'

Today I tried to open it from the desktop icon and it failed entirely. I documented the process with screen dumps to Word. I've attached a copy to this post, at least for the time being.

In short, I used the "Missing Shortcut" utility that popped up offering to repair a desktop shortcut. I declined the "Protect my computer...." option. A quick check of Goggle suggested to me that this seldom used and modem connected utility ought not be a path into my computer

Once that was complete, XP reported that it could not find:

fxsclntr.dll.

I used ZTreeWin and established that there is a copy in:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache

Where do I need to place a copy of fxsclntr.dll so that the program will recognize it and run again?

Perhaps I should I ‘register’ the dll using

regsvr32 "C:WindowsSystem32\dllcachefxstiff.dll"
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Baumgrenze
    Hier sind wir tief eingewurzelt.

Thanks
    Through a set of steps that I tried to remember to document with screen dumps I managed to get the Fax Console reinstalled. It involved use of the XP-Pro CD and some web searching for files that the installer program could not find.

Fax Console is reinstalled. It even found the catalog of faxes successfully sent in the past. Unfortunately it still will not send faxes when I attempt to use it as a printer in Word 2000. The SendFax wizard runs. It lets me create a cover page. It even triggers the modem and attempts a handshake, but for some reason it fails to open the dropdown that documents the progress of the sending of the fax. Does anyone know the file(s) that are needed for this feature?

Thanks,

baumgrenze
    Baumgrenze
    Hier sind wir tief eingewurzelt.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Have you tried System File Checker?
    Open a DOS box / command prompt.
    Type: sfc /scannnow
    Have your Windows CD to hand and follow the prompts.

cheers, Paul