Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Intel EXPI9301CT 10/ 100/ 1000Mbps PCI-Express Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter. I have this nic card and it sure made a difference. The one nice thing it did was find that I had a bad cable. I never found that with anything else I had. With the new nic I got an extra 200Mbps and when it found the bad cable it gave me another 100Mbps. I just want to know if anyone has this card and how to tweak it. Man are there a lot of settings. I got two of them. One for each computer on the net. How does the master/slave work. There is also teaming. How do I use it and should I? If anyone has perfected any of these settings please help me out. Thanks.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Please explain how you measured this extra speed?
    What do you connect your machine to - router / switch etc and what make / model?
    Do you have many computers or just one?
    What speed is your internet connection?

cheers, Paul

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am using Qcheck and also comparing it to my transfer speeds to the other computer.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    How fast was the connection before you changed NICs?
    What is the switch / router?
    Does it have 1Gb ports or 100Mb?

cheers, Paul