New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am looking for help with a configuration problem:

My configuration an HP EX495 Mediasmart Server (brand new) fully updated both WHS and HP updates and a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit client.
    Windows Home Server console in taskbar shows network is healty, client is automatically backed up by server, shared folders are accessible by client.
    Microsoft Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall I have added all *.exe individually as program exceptions on the private network
    File Sharing is enabled private network, Discovery is enable on private network

Problem HP Media Collector shows "Not Connected"

A Windows XP SP3 client is also connected and shows "Connected" and has files copied to server.

Anyone have any ideas/solutions?

Thank you in advance for the help!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    What happens if you disable the Win7 firewall?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried disabling Windows 7 firewall prior to posting just did not include in the orginal post. I disabled first the private, no change, next I disabled the private and public, again no change, so I just re-enabled both. I believe I even rebooted the client after disabling the private firewall to check and see if that would make a difference, no change. I have done a lot of searching but HP's site is way outdated, I suspect the help/F.A.Q. information is related to version 2 of their software. No real usable information about Windows 7 settings.

I even rebooted the EX495 after changing the firewall on the client to no avail with each change. Again the weird part is that the server does sucessfully backup the Windows 7 client and the taskbar connector icon is green and states "Healthy" when I am logged on to the Windows 7 client.

It is just a problem with HP Media Collector only.