2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I bought my wife a Toshiba Netbook NB 205 a few weeks ago with the 10.1" monitor viewing space. It is great, but I have found a problem. I was installing Adobe Reader and today when I tried using it, a menu popped up for me to agree to the EULA. The only problem, when I got to the bottom of the page, the button to click on was not visible. I hit enter and all that got me was "Back" and "Quit." I have the monitor on its greatest setting, but it still does not show. I tried moving the menu, but it will not move up or down so I can see the controls at the bottom. So, how do I deal with menus like this where I cannot see the controls to make my selections and I need to do so in order to get the program to start working? Is there a keyboard sequence that may be used to cause the control buttons to show?

Ray

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by white_collar View Post
    I bought my wife a Toshiba Netbook NB 205 a few weeks ago with the 10.1" monitor viewing space. It is great, but I have found a problem. I was installing Adobe Reader and today when I tried using it, a menu popped up for me to agree to the EULA. The only problem, when I got to the bottom of the page, the button to click on was not visible. I hit enter and all that got me was "Back" and "Quit." I have the monitor on its greatest setting, but it still does not show. I tried moving the menu, but it will not move up or down so I can see the controls at the bottom. So, how do I deal with menus like this where I cannot see the controls to make my selections and I need to do so in order to get the program to start working? Is there a keyboard sequence that may be used to cause the control buttons to show?

Ray
    Ray try increasing resolution so things will be smaller

Ken
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional-- Windows Expert Consumer 2009---2015
    MCC 2013-2015

Wanikiyi & Dyami--Team ZigZag3143

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ken:

I have it on the highest resolution possible on the little computer.

Ray

Thanks
    Hi Ray,

Netbooks can be difficult with some software. Unless you absolutely must use Adobe Reader for some reason, try Foxit Reader. It takes less resources and does a great job, and I did not have any problem getting it set up on my netbook. You can download Foxit here .

If you do install it, watch the screens carefully. You have to make a decision to install or not install some extras. Just choose "custom" install so you can disable or enable the items you want. I use Foxit for all my PDF needs. I do not use some of the tools it makes available, but I am told you can annotate your PDF's.

HTH
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    With the dialog open, type CTRL-SPACE, then M. This will change the cursor into a move window icon. You can use the arrow keys to move the dialog box around.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks fellows.