New Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried to download AdventureWorks zip file, and the download would not complete. I was able to download the unzipped file, but I could not open it (or any other Access 2007 files while it was on my system).

I'm using Windows XP. Does anyone have any idea how I can solve this problem?

Thanks very much,

Sue

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    In order to install that database you must have previously installed either SQL Server 2005 Express (or higher) or SQL Server 2008 Express (or higher). The Adventure Works database is a SQL Server database, not an Access database. However you can connect to it with an Access 2003 or 2007 ADP front-end. To get started, you might want to look at this MSDN article - Walkthrough: Installing the Adventure Works Database.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    This database seems to be an Access database. It is made available by one of the books on Access. I was finally able to download successfully by downloading the zip file and then unzipping.

Thanks,

Sue