Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've got an Acer Aspire 9300 and I've updated it to Windows 7. It had Windows Vista Home Basic and that sucked. Anyways not I'm having problem with the tsstcorp cd dvdw ts-l632d ata device. I rena the trouble shooter and it seemed to fix the drive, in device manager at least. But now I'm trying to get it to read a dvd and it is not reading it.

Acer is no help they have propriatary drivers for the vista but nothign for WIndows 7 and they have said they will not be developing ones for his model. So that sucks as well.

Any help would be welcome!

CAm

Thanks
    Hi Cameron,

Have you tried the Vista driver for the DVD drive anyway? If the Vista driver will not work with your drive in Win7, have you checked tsstcorp for a Windows 7 driver?
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've tried to find the Vista Driver but its not anywere to be found on ACers site. I've tried to find anuy drivers at TSSTCorp but its not very easy to find!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The drive says its ready to go in Device Manager, but if I put a CD or DVD in the drive it just click-click-clicks and doesn't seem to be reading!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    So the drive will read CDs but not DVDs. Acer is no help they don't have any drivers for the DVD. And so far I've been fruitless in finding ones on the net. I'd really like to be able to read and write DVDs again. Any help?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    How about a new drive? I looked on newegg and laptop DVD drives are $16 and up. I admit to not knowing much about the hardware workings of laptops though.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Gray View Post
    So the drive will read CDs but not DVDs. Acer is no help they don't have any drivers for the DVD. And so far I've been fruitless in finding ones on the net. I'd really like to be able to read and write DVDs again. Any help?
    Have you tried using Windows Update for the driver?

Are the DVDs data, video, or audio?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Try right-clicking on the drive in Device Manager and selecting Update Driver Software.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yah tried updating the drive Windows says the proper driver is installed, but its not.

The DVD's are data and video. The CDs work thought, so I know that the drive is functioning, just not with the rigth driver.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Yah tried updating the drive Windows says the proper driver is installed, but its not.

The DVD's are data and video. The CDs work thought, so I know that the drive is functioning, just not with the rigth driver.
    If the DVDs recognized but just not playing try turning down the hardware acceleration a notch on your video card.

BTW, what Windows 7 version do you have? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Its the 32 bit version. DVD's are not recognized at all. CDs not problem, either commercial software ones or ones I've burned. But not DVDs , even the ones I burned on that drive before upgrading to Windows 7.

I mean worst come to worst I'll buy an external DVD + - RW, but I'd rather have that one working like it should.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Its the 32 bit version. DVD's are not recognized at all. CDs not problem, either commercial software ones or ones I've burned. But not DVDs , even the ones I burned on that drive before upgrading to Windows 7.

I mean worst come to worst I'll buy an external DVD + - RW, but I'd rather have that one working like it should.
    Are you running Windows 7 Home Premium?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yup. Now I've been looking at the Acer site and I'm wondering if the driver I need is the SATA driver. But I'm not familiar enough with the drivers on my laptop to just go ahead and install it as I'm afarid it would affect my harddrive! Any thoughts on that?

The driver page is :ACER Drivers

and its the notebook, Aspire, 9300, Vista 9 (Thats what use to be on it) I'm thinking it might be the NVIDIA SATA driver!

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    You might try running SIW for Windows (or Belarc) to identify the hardware with precision. I know that Acer supply (or supplied at one time) a vast number of hardware components, but it still helps if you know exactly which device you are dealing with to identify what driver or software you might need to make it work.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    http://backfire.rpc1.org/tsstcorp/in...path=TS-L632D/

this website seems to hold most of the driver for your L632D....but please, i am not responsible for anything that happens to your laptop. I am just providing some links to this solution that you might or might not find useful. Do not hit me with a laptop when the driver fails

i think you have to look properly at which version your L632D is, because even my TSST L633A has different versions in itself and that gave me the same trouble as your dvd-rom.

anyway, GOOD LUCK! :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast