New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have the aforementioned evaluation/cleaner utility installed. It notified me (several times before I heeded it) that My (Vista) Windows firewall and the Kapersky firewall would interfere with each other, so I turned Windows off considering Kapersky the superior product. Now, of course, I'm being notified that there is a security breach in IE because all my (Windows) firewall settings are not enabled.So, what to do? I ignore one or the other. Which?

I prefer Firefox and Google, but I'm trying to learn this OS and IE, because it's native.
    Madly flailing in the ether

Thanks
    Do you have the 2010 version of Kaspersky Internet Security?

Kaspersky should be able to communicate its status to the Windows Security Center. Is it possible that there is a problem with the configuration of the Kaspersky firewall? Does Windows show that the Kaspersky firewall is running?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GSWillett View Post
    I have the aforementioned evaluation/cleaner utility installed. It notified me (several times before I heeded it) that My (Vista) Windows firewall and the Kapersky firewall would interfere with each other, so I turned Windows off considering Kapersky the superior product. Now, of course, I'm being notified that there is a security breach in IE because all my (Windows) firewall settings are not enabled.So, what to do? I ignore one or the other. Which?

I prefer Firefox and Google, but I'm trying to learn this OS and IE, because it's native.
    Try turning off Kapersky rebooting and then turning Kapersky back on to see if windows then registers its status
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GSWillett View Post
    You should not have to disable the Windows firewall. Kaspersky should communicate with the Windows Security Center when it is initialized and then the Windows firewall will be disabled. You want to leave the Windows firewall alone so it can protect your system during the time when you boot the PC before the Kaspersky firewall is initialized.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    Do you have the 2010 version of Kaspersky Internet Security?

Kaspersky should be able to communicate its status to the Windows Security Center. Is it possible that there is a problem with the configuration of the Kaspersky firewall? Does Windows show that the Kaspersky firewall is running?
    I do have 2010 installed. I'll turn indows back on and check my settings in Kapersky (if I can figure the damned thing out!). Thanks all.
    Madly flailing in the ether